Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Britt's November Challenge, Day 27: Sunrises

This morning's remarkable sunrise really sucked me in--I often times find myself pinching my forearm, to make sure the beauty in the world is actually real and not just a dream. Today was one of those mornings where I stopped dead in my tracks, whipped out the IPhone and snapped a photo, that was barely able to capture it, but at least I took a good mental snapshot.  On mornings like this, when I am completely taken back and humbled by God's creation in a sunrise, I often start thinking about my life.  This morning, while gazing into the sunrise I thought about how I used to be so diligent about goal setting and holding myself accountable for specific things I wanted to attain.   I recognize that I have fallen short this year and in many areas failed in holding myself to a higher standard.  So today, with the help of a sunrise, I am recommitting myself to 1 year, 5 year and 10 year goals in personal, career, social and the spiritual areas of my life.  I am grateful for today's incredible sunrise and recommitting myself to goal setting.